Sunday morning, 6.15 am. A powerful knock on the bedroom door and two little men are jumping on the bed yelling excitedly "Time to get up, it's bright outside". The Irish man isn't fully functional yet, so I hop out of bed following my godson and his older brother into the living room. It's early that's true but I love having them over night.
There was measuring, stirring and pouring and plenty of tasting to make sure all the ingredients were alright.
And finally the best part: Munching away. Two little lads and one big lad, who had suddenly reappeared out of the blue, were wolfing down chocolate cake for breakfast. It's great to be a godmother as you don't have to worry whether this is a suitable breakfast choice.
Chocolate & cola cupcakes
- 200g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g chopped chocolate
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300ml cola
- 80ml vegetable oil
1. Line a muffin tray with 12 cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mix the flour, baking and cocoa powder and the chocolate. Add the caster sugar.
3. Whisk the eggs, add the oil and the coke. Create a well in the middle of the dry
ingredients and pour the liquid in. Mix together with a spoon.
4. The dough is quite liquid. Put it in a measuring cup and pour into the cupcake
cases (three quarters full).
5. Bake for appr. 25-30 mins until the are springy to the touch.
The leftovers after brekkie were put into boxes, ready to take home.
Thank you boys it was great fun :-)